Welcome to this MDTea Conference and Knowledge Exchange Special from the Autumn 2016 BGS Conference in Glasgow.
We’ll talk you through some of our highlights include:
- Community geriatrics and hospital at home models.
- Telemedicine and the principles for setting this up and providing robust evaluation.
- The National Hip Fracture Database and its impact on the care of paitents following a hip fracture.
- Measuring postural BP.
- Sarcopenia and frailty.
- Strength and balance training.
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (if you don’t know what this is… check out episode 1.1).
- Use of patient feedback to develop understanding of patient experience.
- Quality improvement projects on falling, risk feeding and diabetic control.
Resources and links for this episode at our website: www.thehearingaidpodcasts.org.
Iain and Jo are joined by:
Jo Jennings, Advanced physiotherapy practitioner.
Bryony Elliott, Consultant Orthogeriatrician
Abigail Taylor, Nurse Practitioner for Older Adults
Lorna Martin, Day Hospital Physiotherapist
Lucy Loose, Older Persons Practitioner
Annabel, OT on Older Adult ward.